Invited Session “Design and management of advanced production systems in the Industry 4.0 era“
We are pleased to announce the Call for Paper for the Invited Session “Design and management of advanced production systems in the Industry 4.0 era” .
In the last years, companies are facing radical changes forcing to improve their standard in product and process design and management. High flexibility, dynamic market demand, increasing customization, high-quality products, flexible batches and short product life cycles are among the key factors affecting the modern industrial and market context and characterizing the emerging Industry 4.0 era. Companies are asked to implement effective and advanced production and inbound logistic solutions to best manage the above-mentioned factors. The aim of this Invited Session is to attract contributions from Academics and Industrial Practitioners dealing with the design and management of next generation production and inbound logistic systems in the framework of the Industry 4.0 era. Reviews, original models and quantitative methods, technologies, management techniques and disruptive approaches are welcomed as well as industrial case studies and experiences from the field.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- Design and management of reconfigurable manufacturing and assembly systems;
- Digital manufacturing and digital-twins;
- Human-Automation interaction in production systems;
- Design and management of Smart and Learning Factories;
- Design and management of advanced storage systems;
- Advanced models and solutions for inbound logistics and material handling;
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques for manufacturing;
- Self-adaptive and self-learning production systems.
For more information please feel free to contact:
Dr. Marco Bortolini, Ph.D. Researcher and Assistant Professor Department of Industrial Engineering Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna, Italy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Lucia Botti, Ph.D. Researcher and Assistant Professor Interdepartmental Research Center on Security and Safety University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy (email@example.com)
Dr. Francesco Gabriele Galizia, M.D. Junior Researcher Department of Industrial Engineering Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna, Italy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or visit the conference website at: